Hahaha you prob expected to see a pic of Alicia Keys here…hang on, not so fast. That’s my bip bip and she loves this song. I’ll be honest, I wasn’t in love at first but it’s starting to grow on me. The video is kinda fly but, for sure, that metallic teal dress is ON FIRE!!!
Seriously tho (FAIL: spell check) I didn’t come here to critique, I just want all the AK fans to know you can get a free download of the Girl On Fire – Blue Light single here.
If you haven’t seen the video yet…no worries you’re in good hands with CP. Enjoy the show below, but not as much as you’ll enjoy the people you love as you celebrate this holiday season.
Thank you all for visiting; I appreciate the love and support you have shown me even though my post have become intermittent…*sigh* PLEASE leave a comment and tell me …well say anything you want, just leave a comment.
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAYLA!
P.S.S. This dress AK is wearing is to live for (that face she is making is another story)!
Around the same time I decided to start a gratitude journal, I stumbled upon Oprah’s #30DaysofHappiness initiative (I use stumbled upon kinda loosely since Oprah.com is the home page on my personal computer). Today I decided to start documenting both…I have a lot that I want to say but will spare you the drama and give you the moral of my happiness story of the day. I woke up, downloaded a gratitude app #teamiPhone, drank a glass of water, went to work, got there SUPER tired at 7:45am, forgot my organic lunch at home, drank half a Cherry Coke, checked email, did some work, received a message from a friend that she had a gratitude rock for me ((what’s that???) don’t know, accepted anyway and processed it as a sign). (This is where the story picks up, I think) Called my husband to see if he would drop off my lunch, he agreed, took a mental health walk outside, did more work, got a call that he was outside, went down the elevator, sat on the concrete planter waiting on him and felt a breeze like no other. Why was this breeze so special? I don’t know, probably because I was overly aware of it. I decided at that moment (11:30ish) this was my happiest moment of the day.
Fast forward to lunch time… my friend came to visit me at my new desk, went back to her floor (my old floor), dropped off some peaches, went to visit my other friend who had the gratitude rock for me…there were so many to choose from; I was torn, narrowed it down to my 3 favorites, asked her for assistance in choosing one and she asked if I wanted to take them all!!! “ABSOLUTELY! OMG girl you made my day, I this this is (I think) going to be my most happiest moment of the day”
Fast forward to the end of the day. After dinner, a semi draining convo(s) and feeling like no one gets me, I realized my happiest moment of the day was receiving confirmation from The Most High (Allah, God, The Universe, Krishna, Yahweh, Yeshua, Jesus, or whatever you prefer) of my intent. Today I set out to appreciate the small things and to choose happiness. I momentarily got distracted by the breeze and the rocks and almost overlooked the alignment in the sequence of events. Although the entire day was not picture perfect, I received confirmation that I am (finally) back on the right path and this ewh moment turned out to be the happiest moment of he day for me.
No polish = more music to sum up this post.
what a choppy, most people won’t understand story…deal with it!
So I really didn’t intend to lie to you yesterday. I had great plans to have a post with a whole bunch of manis I’ve rocked over the last 2 months, but you’ll have to settle for only one nice mani today. I would say time wasn’t on my side, but the truth is I wasn’t on time’s side today. I won’t embarrass myself with the details but to sum it up….I wasted time and got caught up, once again, in unimportant things.
That’s Sleek White from Harmony Gelish. iLove white polish!!! How about you? Leave a comment with you thoughts about white nail polish or your best time management advice .
As always, here’s today’s musical selection. Enjoy!!!
Yeah right y’all know I’m not from the streets, but I am back… at least for the next ten to twelve sentences. Maybe more…depends on my Wednesday flow. It’s late, 11:27pm to be exact, so it might turn into a Thursday flow if I get to rambling.
Anyway, back to what would probably be my sophomore album if I was a recording artist. I’m back by popular demand. I had enough request to give me the boost I needed to get a new post out. I wish I had 1 really good reason why it’s taking me so long do this, but actually I have 17. Like-a-here-here-it-go:
1. I joined a cycle team, raised $563 and participated in a 6hr indoor cycling ride to benefit ovarian cancer research.
2. I got The New iPad and downloaded a lot of books that I started, want to, or need to read.
3. I’ve been developing new material for my 501c3 www.goddessgirlradio.org…check it out.
4. After many days of soul searching, I found myself and figured out what I want to be when I grow up which takes us right into number 5
5. Enrolled into a continuing education program at Emory University in Sustainability (google it)
6. Volunteered with the nature conservancy and held a snake.
7. Volunteered with the girl scouts and talked to some really cool girls.
8. Took the kids to the pool and got a tan while sipping margaritas.
9. Turned 30 something and had a nice dinner at Ray’s.
10. Celebrated 6 years of marital bliss
11. Went to Cairo, GA (pronounced Kay-Row), stayed on a farm, watched my boy drive a tractor, and saw at least 7 alligators on the boat ride in Tallahassee, FL.
12. Took on a few new CandyPaint clients.
13. Caught up on my DVR’d epp’s of Randy Jackson presents America’s Best Dance Crew.
14. Scoured the net for good rates to my sisters wedding in Cancun.
15. Joined Instagram (follow me @ilovecandypaint) and wasted at least 3 cumulative hours of my precious life looking at pictures and trying to come up with witty tag lines for the few pics I posted
16. Got caught up on ALL 15 games of Words with Friends I have going on simultaneously.
17. Had a pre-Cinco De Mayo get-together a week early because my homie was gonna be out of town on the day of (pics are for black mail purposes only).
Even with all this popping off, y’all know my nails stayed on point (ok! most of the time), but I’ll have to show you that tomorrow because 1. it’s uber late and 2. my iPad and MacBook are both dying.
Now you know it wouldn’t be right if I didn’t’ leave you with a Throw Back Joint of the day.